There has been a farmstead on the site at Hollacombe Farm since at least Domesday times, when it was held by a Walter de Douai. The traditional farmhouse is believed to date in part from the 17th century with later Georgian style addition. In more recent years a barn conversion has created a well-appointed detached holiday cottage.
Exmoor National Park
The Exmoor National Park offers beautiful moorland scenery with many foot and bridle paths and the stunning North Devon coastline, designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with its popular resorts of Lynton, Lynmouth, Combe Martin and Saunton. The area provides unsurpassed riding and is renowned for its recreational and sporting opportunities, boasting some of the finest hunting, fishing and shooting in the country.
The wilderness of Exmoor is unrivalled and is close at hand to Hollacombe where you can commonly see native Red Deer and Exmoor ponies
Self Catering Holidays at
The Red Linhay
Enjoy the glorious countryside of Hollacombe Farm in Exmoor National Park from a beautifully converted stone barn standing in its own grounds.
- Ideally placed for exploring Exmoor and the North Devon coast
- Glorious views everywhere you look – over Exmoor, the Bristol Channel and Welsh Coast
- A haven for wildlife
- Close to the famous beaches around Croyde Bay where you can surf or swim
- Beaches to be found on the north and west sides of the north devon coast. Lots of secluded coves to find and walk to – and 5 miles of sandy expanse at Woolacombe and Putsborough
- Children’s paradise for swimming, rock pooling and sandcastle building
- Surfers dream
- Fantastic horse riding possible on the beach
- Extensive walking on the coast, moorland and woodland
Finding Hollacombe Farm
- Just 45 minutes by road from the M5 (J 27), Hollacombe Farm is 300m north of Blackmoor Gate (the junction of the A399 and A39) and 10 miles northeast of Barnstaple.
- Bus services provide convenient links to Barnstaple, Combe Martin, Ilfracombe, Lynton and beyond.
- If you use satnav and enter our postcode EX31 4NR it will take you straight to our farm.