Self-Catering Holidays at Hollacombe Farm. Enjoy the glorious countryside of Hollacombe Farm in Exmoor National Park from a beautifully converted stone barn standing in its own grounds. The entrance track continues past the Hollacombe Farm farmstead and sweeps down to provide access to a pretty stone and tiled traditional building. Known as The Red Linhay, the cottage enjoys its own delightful and secluded position well removed from the farmhouse with lovely countryside views.
The Red Linhay Holiday Cottage is a converted traditional North Devon stone barn offering comfortable accomodation for four guests.
- Ideally placed for exploring Exmoor and the North Devon coast
- Outstanding views over Exmoor, the Bristol Channel and Welsh Coast
- A haven for wildlife
- Close to the famous beaches around Croyde Bay where you can surf or swim
The secluded Red Linhay has been beautifully restored and converted, using a combination of traditional and modern materials. The result is a spacious, comfortable and warm home, with double-glazing throughout and central heating in every room. And for those who really like the warmth we have a modern log-burning stove and a free supply of logs. Outside there is ample parking and a large grassed garden front and back, a stream and waterfall nearby, a children’s play area and a barbecue and picnic table.
On the ground-floor there is a porch and separate cloakroom with its own WC and wash-basin. The open plan living area has a three piece suite, TV, DVD player and a wi-fi internet connection. The kitchen and dining area is large and well laid out, benefiting from the usual array of modern appliances and high-chair if required. You can also enjoy our own spring water “on tap”.
There are French doors at both ends of the living area to enjoy the outside / al-fresco experience and intergate with nature!
The bedrooms, one double, one twin, each have their own ensuite shower, wash-basin and WC. Fitted wardrobes and cupboards in each room provide ample storage space. Both rooms have superb views over the surrounding countryside. Bedding and towels are provided.
Things to do…
- Walk the farmland to enjoy the flora and fauna
- Visit the high moorland and stunning coastal scenery of Exmoor National Park
- Convenient for coastal resorts such as Lynmouth, Combe Martin, Woolacombe, llfracombe, Barnstaple and Bideford
- Surf or swim at the famous beaches around Croyde Bay
- Excellent riding and golf are available locally
- The National Trust’s Arlington Court and The Royal Horticultural Society Gardens at Rosemoor are both within easy reach
- Visit some of the region’s pretty villages and enjoy their homely country pubs. A good family pub is just half a mile away
- Take a trip to the island nature reserve of Lundy
Wildlife to look out for…
- Spot a wide variety of wildlife, from Red Deer and Badgers to Woodcock, Snipe and Peregrine Falcons
- Flower-rich streamside meadows and steep pasture banks are good for butterflies
- An excellent wetland conservation area in the valley bottom, rich in wildlife and ideal otter habitat
- The farm is adjacent to a large area of ancient woodland. Mosses and lichens, which are a Devon speciality, are abundant and indicate a freedom from air pollution
- The farm was previously awarded the Devon Wildlife Trust’s Silver Certificate for contributions to local wildlife and the natural environment
- In 2017 a bat survey showed that there are at least 9 species of bats at Hollacombe. Lesser Horseshoe bats can be seen in the farm barns