Self-Catering Holidays at Hollacombe Farm. Enjoy the glorious countryside of Hollacombe Farm in Exmoor National Park from a beautifully converted stone barn standing in its own grounds. The entrance track continues past the Hollacombe Farm farmstead and sweeps down to provide access to a pretty stone and tiled traditional building. Known as The Red Linhay, the cottage enjoys its own delightful and secluded position well removed from the farmhouse with lovely countryside views.
Covid – 19 Update
As the country continues to experience challenging times and what is often a fast moving and rapidly changing situation, we would like to remind our potential guests that our Farm and Red Linhay Holiday Cottage are following government lockdown restrictions.
Inline with the lifting of government restrictions, we will open from 12th April 2021 and are taking bookings now for dates thereafter. We will offer a full refund should further restrictions be put in place again which affect existing bookings.
The Red Linhay Holiday Cottage is a converted traditional North Devon stone barn offering comfortable accomodation for four guests.
- Ideally placed for exploring Exmoor and the North Devon coast
- Outstanding views over Exmoor, the Bristol Channel and Welsh Coast
- A haven for wildlife
- Close to the famous beaches around Croyde Bay where you can surf or swim
The secluded Red Linhay has been beautifully restored and converted, using a combination of traditional and modern materials. The result is a spacious, comfortable and warm home, with double-glazing throughout and central heating in every room. And for those who really like the warmth we have a modern log-burning stove and a free supply of logs. Outside there is ample parking and a large grassed garden front and back, a stream and waterfall nearby, a children’s play area and a barbecue and picnic table.
On the ground-floor there is a porch and separate cloakroom with its own WC and wash-basin. The open plan living area has a three piece suite, TV, DVD player and a wi-fi internet connection.
There are French doors at both ends of the living area to enjoy the outside / al-fresco experience and intergate with nature! The kitchen and dining area is large and well laid out, benefiting from the usual array of modern appliances and high-chair if required. You can also enjoy our own spring water “on tap”.
The bedrooms, one double, one twin, each have their own ensuite shower, wash-basin and WC. Fitted wardrobes and cupboards in each room provide ample storage space. Both rooms have superb views over the surrounding countryside. Bedding and towels are provided.
Please note that as The Red Linhay occupies a remote position in a very rural part of the North Devon countryside, the speed and throughput of data on the Internet connection may not quite meet the requirements of any data-hungry catch-up media viewers – but there is ample bandwidth to keep in touch with the world. For mobile telephone considerations, the ‘best’ reception is attained via the EE mobile network.
Things to do…
- Walk the farmland to enjoy the flora and fauna
- Visit the high moorland and stunning coastal scenery of Exmoor National Park
- Convenient for coastal resorts such as Lynmouth, Combe Martin, Woolacombe, llfracombe, Barnstaple and Bideford
- Surf or swim at the famous beaches around Croyde Bay
- Excellent riding and golf are available locally
- The National Trust’s Arlington Court and The Royal Horticultural Society Gardens at Rosemoor are both within easy reach
- Visit some of the region’s pretty villages and enjoy their homely country pubs. A good family pub is just half a mile away
- Take a trip to the island nature reserve of Lundy
Wildlife to look out for…
- Spot a wide variety of wildlife, from Red Deer and Badgers to Woodcock, Snipe and Peregrine Falcons
- Flower-rich streamside meadows and steep pasture banks are good for butterflies
- An excellent wetland conservation area in the valley bottom, rich in wildlife and ideal otter habitat
- The farm is adjacent to a large area of ancient woodland. Mosses and lichens, which are a Devon speciality, are abundant and indicate a freedom from air pollution
- The farm was previously awarded the Devon Wildlife Trust’s Silver Certificate for contributions to local wildlife and the natural environment
- In 2017 a bat survey showed that there are at least 9 species of bats at Hollacombe. Lesser Horseshoe bats can be seen in the farm barns
Terms and Conditions…
Non-smokers only. If you intend to bring a dog, please remember to include it on the Booking Form and see the Full Terms and Conditions.
Payment & Cancellations
After making your provisional booking via the system above, in order to confirm your booking you can either:
1. Send a cheque (payable to Mrs LRJ Salisbury) to Hollacombe Farm, Kentisbury, Barnstaple. Devon. EX31 4NR
2. (Preferred) please arrange an online bank transfer to: Account Name – Mrs Louise Salisbury Sort code: – 60 -24-37 Bank Account No:- 36949809 Please give your surname as the reference on the bank transfer.
As soon as we receive your payment we will send your confirmation. Please note that if your payment has not arrived within 3 working days then the booking will lapse.
Full Terms & Conditions
The CONTRACT you will entered into is between Hollacombe Farm (the owner) and the person making the booking.
PAYMENT: The contract is not effective until a (non-refundable) deposit of 20% of the total booking fee has been received or, if the booking is made less than 6 weeks before arrival date, 100% of the booking fee must be received to secure a booking. A provisional booking may be made online, via email or telephone and will be held for 72 hours prior to receipt of a deposit. After 72 hours if no payment is received the booking will be cancelled. All bookings are considered provisional until either a 20% deposit (if more than 6 weeks before arrival date) or the full payment (if within 6 weeks of arrival date) is received. Payment may be made by cheque or (preferably) BACS (Online bank transfer).
CANCELLATION: In the event of a cancellation BY YOU (in writing) of your booking within 42 days of arrival, payment less the deposit will be returned only if we are able to re-let the cottage. Taking out cancellation insurance is advisable to cover any eventuality. We will however, do everything we can to rebook the cottage, and will refund your deposit minus £50 administration charge. Cancellations received within four weeks of the booked period will incur liability for the full amount. Cancellation BY US: if we cannot offer you your holiday for reasons beyond our control or we go into Covid lockdown in our area we will refund your payment including deposit in full. Should YOU need to cancel your holiday due to Covid-19 lockdown in your own area, we will refund your payment in full including deposit. Proof will be required.
OCCUPANCY: Number of persons in the cottage: Only the number of persons as confirmed in your booking confirmation are allowed in the cottages at any one time. Your rights to occupy the cottage may be forfeited without compensation if more people visit or take up occupation without express permission, or any activity is undertaken which may cause noise or disturbance.
Our Liability: We, our employees, contractors, cleaners and other representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property. We cannot accept liability for any loss, injury or damage which may occur to guests or their property while they are staying at Hollacombe Farm.
BREAKAGES: Please report all breakages, so that we can replace them for our next guests. Furniture and effects in the cottage have been chosen for your comfort and enjoyment and should be left in the same condition as found on arrival. You will be liable to damages or loss of any items due to negligence during your stay. Visitors are responsible for keeping the cottage and its contents in the condition in which it was found, and reporting any damage. Any damage, breakage or loss incurred during occupation must be paid for.
WIFI: You agree to reasonable and lawful use of this service.
ARRIVAL TIME 2021: Arrival from 4pm. To allow time for the accommodation to be prepared for incoming visitors, we ask you to vacate by 10.00am on the morning of your departure.
DOGS: Subject to agreement at the time of booking. Dogs are charged at the rate of £15 per week, payable with the final balance. Any damage incurred must be paid before leaving. Dogs must be kept under control at all times and kept on a lead when in the vicinity of livestock. To avoid the possibility of damage being caused, dogs should not be left on their own in the Red Linhay. Dogs must not be allowed on the furniture or up the stairs. If necessary the safety gate at the foot of the stairs should be used to prevent access upstairs. Owners should bring sufficient towels to ensure their dog(s) are kept clean and dry when in the Red Linhay. NON-SMOKERS ONLY.
We reserve the right to enter the property if necessary during your stay. We reserve the right to amend our terms and Conditions at any time.